Children’s Home 100 Year Celebration Activity Packet
October 13, 2020 @ 12:00 pm – November 13, 2020 @ 3:00 pm
On October 13, 2020, we are celebrating 100 years of the opening of the Children’s Home at Fairlawn Mansion. Since we are unable to offer our traditional in-person events due to COVID-19, we wanted to bring the activities to you.
This year, we are planning to decorate the Children’s Home Exhibit the way the children who resided here would have during the holidays. In each packet are the following activities to complete:
1. Paper Chains – staple, glue, or tape the paper strip ends together to make a loop. Insert a second strip of paper into the look. Staple, glue, or tape this strip to make an interconnected loop. These will be hung throughout the 3rd floor.
2. Fairlawn Ornament – color, sparkle, paint, etc. your very own Fairlawn ornament to hang on a tree on the 3rd floor.
3. Coloring Contest – enter our coloring contest! Each entry will be entered to win 2 tickets to our Twinkling Evenings in December. Entries will be displayed on the 3rd floor.
1. Packets can be purchased beginning Tuesday, October 13 until Friday, November 13.
2. Open to ages 13 & under.
3. Cost per activity packet is $5. The funds raised will go towards improvements to the Children’s Home exhibits, including the new office on the 2nd floor. 3 options for payment and pick-up:
a. Pay and pick up packet in-person at the Fairlawn Gift Shop. (Sunday-Friday 12pm – 3:15pm; Saturday 10am – 3:15pm)
b. Purchase online at www.eventbrite.com. Search “Children’s Home 100 Year Celebration”.
c. Call 715-394-5712 to pay over the phone with credit card.
d. Packets can be picked up or mailed. If mail is requested, a $3 shipping fee will be applied to each order. Packets can be combined for shipping.
4. Remember your entry number! This will allow you to locate your items in the exhibit.
5. Turn in entry form with the packet in the original bag (or make sure to indicate entry number. This is key to enter you into the drawing. Materials must be returned to Fairlawn by Wednesday, November 18. They can be dropped off in the Gift Shop. (Sunday-Friday 12pm – 3:15pm; Saturday 10am – 3:15pm)
6. Want to keep your items at home instead? No worries! Also included is a story about the Children’s Home and rye bread recipe that was made for the residents by one of the cooks.
Any questions, please contact Megan Meyer at 715-394-5712 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for supporting Superior Public Museums!